Hook Connect was founded to protect consumers and business owners from unscrupulous service providers. We are a “FREE-to-the-consumer” referral resource providing trustworthy service providers. Hook Connect is the Intersection of Integrity and Business Growth.
Owner of Hook Connect: Licensed Indiana Insurance Agent since 1987, helping you, the Consumer, properly protect your home and assets.
How do we protect you, the Consumer?
We conduct extensive research to qualify a service provider to become Hook-Connect Endorsed! Our research may even include a Private Investigator’s background check. We are a FREE service to you, the consumer, and we actually save you time, money, and stress by referring excellent service providers tailored to your individual needs. We hold service providers accountable to great customer service, while helping you, the consumer, look and feel like a savvy consumer.
Which service providers do we research? Home Services, Auto Services, Personal Services and Commercial Services. Visit our website for a detailed list: www.HookConnect.com
How do we research a service provider to be approved by Hook Connect? 1/1 meetings with the business, followed by research conducted to verify that service provider is State Registered, has no lawsuits filed with the Attorney General’s Office, has no Consumer Complaints, is highly rated with the BBB, by conducting extensive Background Reports (when necessary), and more. In other words, we do our homework thoroughly.
Are we a review company? Absolutely NOT. We always want to hear any complaints someone has with any of our Endorsed Partners, because we feel many Internet contractor/service provider review companies are taking advantage of too many people already! We DON’T charge a Subscription Fee; we DO the necessary research on our Endorsed Service Providers; we DON’T double-dip the consumer and service providers. For example: We know of a roofing company that is still rated “B” on a review company’s mobile app. This same company was shut down on July 3, 2013 by the Indiana Attorney General. The Attorney General’s Office sued this company for 42 counts of Home Improvement Fraud and Theft, totaling over $1 million scammed from Baby Boomers and other Consumers.
Examples of Contractor/Service Provider Scams to Avoid:
1. “I’ll need the money up front”…NEVER pay more than $1,000.00 or 10% of the job up-front.
2. “Take my word for it”…NEVER sign a contract where promises are not in writing.
3. “I don’t need to pull a permit”…ALWAYS demand the contractor pull a permit.
4. “We ran into unforeseen problems”…The contract should include wording for Change Orders.
5. “I’ve got extra materials I can sell you cheap”…NEVER hire a contractor on the spot.
6. NEVER EVER do business with a service provider or contractor without researching them first.
7. NEVER do business with a storm chasing or door-knocking contractor without doing your research first.
8. We can help you become a smarter consumer with your contractor needs!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter: www.hookconnect.com/contact-us
Watch us on TV: www.HamiltonCountyTelevision.com (Wednesdays at 3:00 pm). We always interview our Endorsed Partners or other professionals. We always have your best interests in mind.
Follow Us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/HookConnect
Watch our previous TV shows: Catch us on YouTube – Hook Connect Channel
Connect with us on LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/barbarahook/
Barbara Hook, Chief Connection Officer